Man sees himself AS HE ISN’T
Man lies to himself and then believes the lie.
The lies of Intellectualism are endless: We're objective, We're critical thinkers, We're rational, We're "scientific," We're REALISTS, We're factual, We're unbiased, We're empirical, We're honest, We're thorough, We don't need the "crutch of faith," We don't force what we believe on others, etc. Most "Intellectuals" don't possess enough intellectual honesty to publicly admit their own beliefs and belief systems. (Evolution, Atheism, Agnosticism, and Humanism are all BELIEF SYSTEMS.)
Every intellectual has his or her own "apostles," authoritative writings, "churches" (bars, therapy groups," societies," "associations," college campuses), and beliefs. But man will not admit this. He continues to lie to himself. He continues to see himself as "he isn't."
The Bible says, "...There is NONE RIGHTEOUS, NO, NOT ONE: There is NONE THAT UNDERSTANDETH, there is NONE THAT SEEKETH AFTER GOD. They are ALL GONE OUT OF THE WAY, THEY ARE TOGETHER BECOME UNPROFITABLE; there is NONE THAT DOETH GOOD, NO, NOT ONE." (Romans 3:10-12)
1. Man sees himself as RIGHT; God sees that man is WRONG (See above).
2. Man sees himself as UNDERSTANDING; God sees that man is IGNORANT.
3. Man sees himself as GOD SEEKING; God sees that man is SELF-SEEKING.
4. Man sees himself as ON THE RIGHT PATH; God sees that man is "OUT OF THE WAY."
5. Man sees himself as DOING GOOD; God sees that there are "NONE THAT DOETH GOOD."
6. Man sees himself as "GOOD"; Jesus said, "There is NONE GOOD BUT...GOD" (Mark 10:18).
7. Man sees himself as RELIGIOUS; God sees that man "MUST BE SAVED" (Romans 10:1-13).
Jesus came to SAVE US, because Man needs to be saved!
People have misunderstood their true condition. Diagnosis is part of healing. A person will not seek a remedy for a condition that he/she doesn't know exists. Someone must tell you your true condition. This is what Jesus Christ did. This is why Jesus Christ was rejected, hated, and crucified (John 7:7).
Religion tells people that they are or can be "good enough"; in contrast, Jesus told people that their true condition was spiritually and morally lost and condemned, and that only "faith" in Him could save them (John 3:16-18).
People reject the Bible view of man because it is negative. They comfort themselves by accepting their own view to their own destruction. Man sees himself AS HE ISN'T!
How about you? Will you repent (take your place as a sinner in need of the Saviour) and call upon Jesus Christ right now, in faith asking Him to save you? Jesus will SAVE YOU, but you must first see yourself AS YOU ARE.
Click here to learn how you can be saved right now!